Senior Executive Search Consultant
Shannon McCambridge, J.D., LL.M., brings proven expertise in the selection process and many years of higher education leadership to her work at AGB Search. Since joining the firm in 2014, Ms. McCambridge has focused on serving the executive search needs in Catholic Higher Education across the country. A sampling of the colleges and universities she has assisted includes:
- Barry University (FL) – President
- Benedictine University (IL) – Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost
- College of St. Scholastica (MN) – President
- Gonzaga University (WA) – Executive Vice President for Administration
- Marymount California University (CA) – President
- St. Catherine University (MN) – President
- Saint Joseph’s College of New York – President; EVP/Provost; Vice President for Advancement; Executive Dean Brooklyn & Executive Dean Long Island
- St. Mary’s College of California – President
- Thomas More University (KY) – President
- University of San Diego (CA) – President
In addition to an advanced degree in employment law, Ms. McCambridge’s professional background includes many years of practicing and teaching graduate and under-graduate employment law at three Catholic Universities. As an employment law attorney in a large law firm, she advised clients on a wide spectrum of employment-related and human resource issues. She also mediated and litigated before state and federal administrative agencies and courts on employment law matters and has published in the employment law field. In 2013, her article, “Third-party Retaliation: The Shoes of an Employer,” was published in Atlanta’s John Marshall Law Journal.
Ms. McCambridge also provides anti-bias awareness workshops for AGB clients. These workshops are designed to educate participants on the existence of implicit bias and provide safeguards in order to keep bias in check and create a more diverse and welcoming workplace. They also encourage adopting an ethical decision-making process to preserve the integrity of human resource practices when addressing challenging situations.
In addition to her work with AGB Search, Ms. McCambridge serves as a consultant on best practices in board governance with the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB). In this capacity, she has regularly co-facilitated AGB’s National Institute for Board Chairs and Presidents. The Institute is designed to assist new chair-president teams in developing robust partnerships and creating focused agendas to best position the institution to meet strategic leadership objectives. Ms. McCambridge’s governance work is informed by her experience in serving four terms on the Board of Trustees of Gonzaga University (GU) and chairing the Governance Committee. She is now trustee emerita at GU.
Ms. McCambridge is a Truman Scholarship finalist and graduated with honors from three institutions: Gonzaga University (B.A.), William Mitchell College of Law (J.D.), and John Marshall Law School (LL.M).