Laura Woodworth-Ney, Ph.D., joined AGB Search in 2022. Dr. Woodworth-Ney has more than thirty years of experience in higher education as a tenured full professor, academic historian and administrator.
Representative Executive Searches
- Elon University – Provost/VPAA
- Marshall University – Dean School of Pharmacy
- Robert Morris University – Provost
- National Association of System Heads (NASH) – President
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences – Provost
- University of Idaho – Dean of Business and Economics
- National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS) – Vice President
Experience and Honors
With over a decade in the Provost’s Office at Idaho State University, Dr. Woodworth-Ney was the first female Executive Vice President and Provost. Prior to joining AGB Search, she served as Senior Consultant for an executive search firm in the higher education and non-profit sectors. Other administrative roles included Vice President and Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Department Chair of History, and Director of Women’s Studies. She has also held teaching appointments at the University of North Texas, Maryville University in St. Louis, Washington State University, and Idaho State University.
A staunch advocate for equity and accessibility, Dr. Woodworth-Ney helped pioneer initiatives that significantly expanded the application and retention rates of Idaho’s public institutions and was honored with the 2021 President’s Medallion Award from Idaho State University. Dr. Woodworth-Ney has served on the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education’s Academic Forum and as a board member of the American Association of Chief Academic Officers. An expert on the history of the North American West, Dr. Woodworth-Ney is the author of three books.
- B.A. in English from the University of Idaho
- M.A. and Ph.D. in History from Washington State University
- Study Abroad, Trinity College, Oxford University