Kimberly S. Templeton, J.D. has more than has 25 years of experience as an executive search professional in the higher education, nonprofit, and legal sectors; senior advancement leader; and corporate attorney. Ms. Templeton partners with leading public research universities, regional comprehensive universities, private universities, liberal arts colleges, and academic medical centers to identify institutional and senior leaders, including presidents/chancellors, general counsels, vice presidents for research (and economic development), vice presidents for advancement and presidents of institutionally related foundations, vice presidents for health affairs, vice presidents for business and finance, and school and center directors, among others.
Ms. Templeton’s representative searches include:
- President, University of Nebraska
- President, Ramapo College
- Executive Vice President, Knowledge Enterprise, Arizona State University
- Targeted research center leadership recruitments, Arizona State University
- Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Boise State University
- Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel, University of Iowa
- Vice President and General Counsel, University of Central Florida
- General Counsel, Maricopa County Community College District
- Vice Chancellor for Business, Finance and Business Development, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Vice President for Health Affairs and Dean, School of Medicine, University of South Dakota
- Chief Executive Officer, University at Buffalo Foundation
- President, University of Alaska Foundation
- Vice Dean for Research and Engineering, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, Arizona State University
Ms. Templeton’s other clients served include Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Missouri Western State University, Rider University, Seton Hall University, Rutgers University Foundation, Stony Brook University, University of Arizona, University of California, Riverside, University of Central Florida Foundation, University of Colorado, University of Maryland, University of Iowa, University of Washington, and Yeshiva University, among many others. Ms. Templeton is recognized for her ability to recruit high caliber candidates, superior search execution, client partnerships, and aptitude to identify and communicate a client institution’s unique culture, opportunities and challenges in a compelling manner.
Prior to joining AGB Search, Ms. Templeton served as Vice President and Practice Director for an executive search firm serving mission-oriented institutions and as Director of Business and Candidate Development for a prominent attorney executive search and consulting firm. Previously, Ms. Templeton spent nine years as a senior advancement leader in her role as Director of External Affairs for the Taubman Museum of Art in Roanoke, Virginia, one of the Southeast’s top museums. A key member of the management team, she provided leadership and direction for the institution’s development, marketing and communications, and government relations programs.
Ms. Templeton began her career as an attorney with Cahill Gordon & Reindel, a prominent New York based international law firm, where her practice included corporate transactions and commercial litigation. She received her B.A. from Franklin and Marshall College (Phi Beta Kappa) and her J.D. from New York University School of Law. She holds professional certification as a lobbyist from the Association of Government Relations Professionals.
An advocate for individuals with Down syndrome, Ms. Templeton has served on the boards of nonprofit disability organizations and is a frequent speaker on inclusive education, including at the White House for the 40th Anniversary of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.