Jerome A. “Jerry” Gilbert
Executive Search Consultant
Jerome A. (“Jerry”) Gilbert, Ph.D. joined AGB Search in 2022. Dr. Gilbert is a biomedical engineer with experience as an administrator, a faculty member, and a funded researcher. His fervent commitment to excellence combined with significant experience in higher education policy, strategy, and governance, has been devoted to increasing diversity and universal access to education.
Representative Executive Searches
- Baylor University – Assistant Vice President of Research Technology
- Indiana University Bloomington – Chair, Dept. of Environmental & Occupational Health
- Texas State University – Dean, College of Science & Engineering
- West Liberty University – President
Experience and Honors
As president of Marshall University for six years, he expanded academic offerings, increased student success, completed a successful capital campaign, and more than doubled research expenditures. Prior to his presidency, Dr. Gilbert served at North Carolina State University, UNC Chapel Hill and Mississippi State University (MSU). Over 27 years at MSU, he held progressively higher positions before his final appointment as Provost and Executive Vice President from 2009 to 2015. He established the MSU biomedical engineering graduate program and received funding from NIH, NSF, and other public and private sources.
In 2007, Dr. Gilbert was inducted as a Fellow in the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering and as a Fellow in the Institute of Biological Engineering in 2008.
- B.S. degree in Biological Engineering from Mississippi State University
- Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering from Duke University