Jason Ruckert, Ph.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Dr. Jason M. Ruckert serves as the Vice President for Enrollment Management and is responsible for all recruitment, enrollment, financial aid and IFS efforts across the Daytona Beach, Prescott, and Worldwide Campuses. The VPEM leads the student life-cycle for two residential campuses and one global campus serving nearly 34,000 students. The VPEM is also responsible for all enrollment related marketing and digital strategies to include individual and mass communication, digital content, social media, online advertising, websites, print pieces, CRM utilization and email marketing. The VPEM supervises all University Enrollment Management Departments, Recruitment and Outreach departments, Financial Aid departments, and Enrollment Marketing & Digital Strategy departments (Currently over 180 staff).
Notable Accomplishments in 2020:
- Largest overall enrollment in University history during Covid-19
- Largest incoming class at our Prescott Campus
- Second largest incoming class at our Daytona Beach Campus
- Centralized all three campuses Enrollment Management and Marketing departments
Dr. Ruckert is recognized as an innovator and leader in technology-enhanced education. He previously served as Vice Chancellor and Chief Digital Learning Officer leading online education efforts across the University. His team received the #1 ranking from US News and World Report for Online Bachelor’s Degrees in 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2021 and have been the only institution in the nation to remain in the top 5 for the last 7 years. His team was also first in the nation to receive the UPCEA Hallmarks of Excellence in Online Leadership designation amongst many other notable recognitions. Dr. Ruckert is honored to be a Fellow and Advisory Board Member in multiple organizations including:
- Fellow, (OLC) Online Learning Consortium
- Fellow, Royal Aeronautical Society
- Fellow, RSA
- CNBC-Technology Executive Council Member
- WCET Executive Council Member
- Board of Director’s, UPCEA
- Advisory Board Member, (USDLA) United States Distance Learning Association
- Qualtrics Higher Education Advisory Board
In addition to administrative duties, Jason is a full-time faculty member in the College of Business. He holds a Ph.D. in Leadership and Education from Barry University with a specialization in Higher Education Administration. Research interests include online education, digital innovation, technology, and student retention to name a few. In his free time, Jason likes to spend his time traveling with his three children and beautiful wife.