Applications for the Class of 2024-2025 are now being accepted.
Participants will be selected for the Institute by a committee which includes former Presidents and Chancellors, members of the AGB Search Board of Directors, and AGB Search leadership. Selection criteria focus on the applicant’s professional experience in higher education or a related field, with increasing levels of responsibility. Current/recent experience as a provost/vice president for academic affairs, dean, C-level administrator, or similar role is preferred.
Candidates also must possess:
- Demonstrated achievements with initiatives or projects within administrative areas of responsibility
- Interest in and commitment to addressing current issues and challenges in higher education leadership and governance
- Support from at least five (5) references that attest to the individual’s readiness and promise to serve as a college or university president
Applications Must Include
- Curriculum Vitae, this includes, but is not limited to, information regarding academic and administrative positions, teaching, scholarship, and education.
- Essay – Please respond to the following questions in 1200 words (total) or less:
- Provide a snapshot of your current position (role and institution) and your future goals/aspirations in higher education. How will the Institute assist you in the next steps towards your own career goals?
- What are the most challenging/management situations that you have recently faced and how did you work through these challenges?
- What qualities, talents, and skills do you believe are the most important for today’s college/university president? Why?
- What is your leadership style?
- What personal experience do you have with governing boards? Please elaborate.
3. References: Submit a list of five (5) professional references (name, position, organization, phone, and email address), including two (2) letters of reference.
To get more information about the Institute, please Request Information.
To suggest a candidate for the Institute, please visit our Nominate a Candidate page.
Institute Fee: $8,500
The Institute fee includes:
- Opening Symposium in Washington, D.C.
- Four interactive online workshops conducted by Institute leadership
- Closing Symposium in Washington, D.C.
- Registration for the AGB National Conference on Trusteeship in Washington, D.C.
- On-campus shadow experience with a current institution President
- One-on-one mentorship sessions with Institute leadership
- Networking with and learning from renowned industry leaders
- All course materials
Participants are responsible for the costs of travel and accommodations for the in-person symposia and the Conference on Trusteeship.
If your current institution is a member of AGB, you will receive a five percent reduction on the registration fee.