We are now taking applications for the Class of 2023-2024!
Participants will be selected for the Institute by a committee which includes Former Presidents and Chancellors, members of the AGB Search Board of Directors, and AGB Search leadership. Selection criteria focus on the applicant’s professional experience in higher education or a related field that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility. Current/recent experience as a provost/vice president for academic affairs, dean, C-level administrator, or similar role is preferred.
Candidates also must possess:
- Demonstrated achievements with initiatives or projects within administrative areas of responsibility
- Interest in and commitment to addressing current issues and challenges in higher education leadership and governance
- Support from at least five (5) references that attest to the individual’s readiness and promise to serve as a college or university president
To get more information about the Institute, please Request Information.
To suggest a candidate for the Institute, please visit our Nominate a Candidate page.
Institute Fee: $8,500
The Institute fee includes:
- Attendance at the Institute’s Opening Symposium in Washington, D.C.
- Participation in four interactive online workshops conducted by Institute leadership.
- Attendance at the Institute’s Closing Symposium
- Registration for the AGB National Conference on Trusteeship in Washington, D.C.
- On-campus shadow experience with a current institution President.
- One-on-one mentorship sessions with Institute leadership.
- Networking with and learning from renowned industry leaders.
- All course materials.
Institute fee includes meals at the Opening and Closing Symposia. Participants are responsible for the costs of travel and accommodations for the the in-person symposia and the Conference on Trusteeship.
If your current institution is a member of AGB, you will receive a five percent reduction on the registration fee.
Applicants are asked to submit the following information and documents to be considered for the AGB Institute for Leadership & Governance. Application deadline: February 24, 2023.